Monday, July 17, 2006

Day 3 - H-H-H-H-H-H-H-Hot!!

Greetings from Scuol, Switzerland. Not a cloud in the sky all day. The heat is deadly. Our high point today brought us at well over 3000m and we were cycling past snow and ice.

A chap who speaks no English is letting me use his computer - all I had to do was smile, and he caved in.

We finished one place and 30 seconds ahead of the pretenders to our throne, the other Tango and Cash, after 6 hours and 20 minutes.

Once again, for those of you affiliated with Andy Ruck, he has upped the stakes from his previous uber love to you, and is gobbling an enormous German sausage in your honour.

Cheers to everyone posting rude and amusing messages - keep it up (urrrr). All good stuff.

Onwards and upwards, and in time may you come to own a thousand camels.

9 comments:

Mac said...

3000 metres??? Did you guys get lost today?

Anonymous said...

Well done lads, keep 'er lit. I've had a word with the organisers and they've introduced a new category for 'Best Team named Tango and Cash'

Anonymous said...

Nice to get a running commentary on your Culinary Tour of Europe. Surprised that you find any time for cycling.

Anonymous said...

I've seen Cash smile and its not a pretty sight! well worth a computer not to see it again :)

All the best CK

Anonymous said...

say hello to our daddy, tommy on the ireland team 1 with andy,hope you enjoy doing your washing
emily and hannah

Anonymous said...

Lads I was thinking about you at the weekend, I had a rake of beers in your honour!!! Keep her lit. There's only one Tango & Cash!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I inadvertently left a comment on an unofficial pirate Tango and Cash blog site. You could say that I was quite literally Tangoed.

No matter, glad to hear you're both living it large and to finish (as i said in the other site!!) may the blessings, love and protection of jesus, mary and joseph follow you all over the alps.

Anonymous said...

Lads, me and Johhny were thinking of planning a run in the Mournes on Sunday. I take it we can pencil you two in?

Rick McKee said...

Rowan, shut yer mouth! Surely you will allow me a little artistic licence!

Darren O, your wish is my command (but your wishes ran out after that one!)

Anonymous dude, you're a HOOT!!

Hugh, er... Hi there!!

Jacquie - leave it to me! And sort your Speedy Legs site out - what on earth is wrong with it?!!

CK, you've done a top job, man ' the bikes are a dream. Will show you my gnashers again when we get home.

Emily & Hanna, dat boy Tommy gonna be cryin' into his pint when I pass on your message. Big lad is pedalling like a champion (not sure what sport though, har de har)

PJ, you would love it out here. Lots of big shaven-legged German men for you.

Bugsy, your best wishes and spiritual blessings were the missing ingredients. Glad I am not standing beside you - you are cert for a lightning strike!

You are not going near me with a pencil, Stevie! (unless it's 3B - a bit softer, don't you know. Er, ahem - any of you guys catch the football game last night?)